I am hopelessly in love with the written word, in an obsessive, nerdy sort of way.
I’m not afraid to share honest words and transparent feelings. And I’m regularly irritated with trite diatribes, especially concerning parenting and the Bible. (Well, bad grammar sets me off, too.)
I just don’t have time for clichés.
If you’re seeking joy through faith, through family connections, and through literature, I think we’re destined to become great word .
SOULSPEAK: PRAYING CHANGE INTO UNEXPECTED PLACES
get your copy today:
What if praying was about more than changing the events around you? What if praying actually changed you?
Maybe you’ve read books on prayer before. Somewhere in the guilt, the theology, and the clichés, you closed the cover and assumed you would never become a person whose prayer altered the cosmos or secured God’s blessing.
You’re just not that holy.
This is the book for you. Using seven patterns of prayer, Sue will teach you how to pray from the deepest places of your soul—from the longings, pain, bitterness, and hopelessness—right into the heart of God and the world around you.
With vulnerability and spiritual wisdom, Sue shares personal stories, prayers, and Biblical direction for becoming a person who prays with authority and authenticity.
BEST OF FRIENDS (JOURNEY FORTH PRESS, 1989):
A childhood story about friendship, loyalty, and the beauty of disabilities.
Best of Friends stayed in print for 24 years and sold about 20,000 copies, not counting Amazon re-sales. There are only a few copies left. If you order through me, I’ll send you an autographed copy. Just email:
- Lift Up Your Day
- I Believe
- The Bard and the Bible
- Hungry for God, Starved for Time
- Christian Devotions
- Reach Out Columbia
- The Write Conversation
- How to Stop Being an Angry Mom
- Ten Things I want my Boys to Learn about Living
- 3 Reasons You Can’t Affair-Proof Your Marriage
- How to Be Your Husband’s Best Friend without Losing Your Identity
- 6 Signs You’re Not Ready to Have Kids
- How to Help Your Children Walk Away
- 20 Psalms to Read When Life is Miserable
- 20 Reasons Christian Marriages Fail (Even Christian Marriages)
- 10 Statements That Will Change Your Marriage
- Is it okay to change denominations for the person you’re dating?
- 10 Scriptures Every Married Couple Should Memorize
- 10 Times in the Bible Prayer Changed Lives
- 15 Myths People Believe about Their Pastor
- 10 Ways to Help Your Spouse Grow as an Individual
- 10 Point Godly Spouse Checklist for Women
- 10 Bible Mothers Who Changed the Church
- 10 Things Your In-laws Want From You
- 10 Things I’ve Learned as a Pastor’s Wife That Apply to Everyone
- How to Pray for Forgiveness
- 10 Ways the Church Needs to Get Women Involved in Ministry
- How to Pray to Become a Christian
- How to memorize a book of the Bible
- How to Know When Your Child’s School is not Right
- Am I Failing God by Getting a Divorce?
- 10 Hidden Consequences of Divorce (Especially if You Have Kids)
- Why is prayer of supplication meaningful to Christians?
- Five things fatherless boys need to be godly men
- A Christmas Carol really about Christmas?
- What does a door knocker signify on A Christmas Carol?
- Marriage Mentors could be just what your marriage is missing
- 7 Fights every couple has and how to solve them
- 7 Responses every Christian heart needs to have toward racism
- 10 Indicators that your church is not embracing racial reconciliation
- A Comforting letter to a COVID bride
- Are the world’s religions that different from Christianity?
- 7 Powerful prayers of protection over your family
- Why Compromise is not the secret to a great marriage
- 4 Reasons why the classic hymn “It is Well with My Soul” Still Hits Home Today
- How can we live on earth as it is in heaven?
- 4 Truths Pastors want their congregations to understand about church today
- 4 Comforting Prayers for the loss of a child
- 10 Ways Coronavirus could change your life for the better