13 REASONS THE RESURRECTION IMPACTS YOUR LIFE
Resurrection Sunday is just around the corner. Millions of people differ on this one important belief: did Jesus actually rise from the dead?
Belief in the resurrection of Christ separates religions and cultures, many at personal risk of relationships, livelihood, and life. To Americans, Easter Sunday is more about new clothes and candy; in fact, most people probably aren’t familiar with the term “resurrection” as it relates to Jesus Christ. But to the trillions who have understood its significance, the resurrection means everything.
If the Resurrection did not really happen, it would mean that—
- Jesus was not God’s Son.
- Jesus was a liar, the worst kind of devious cult leader.
- The Bible is invalid (because all of Scripture points to Jesus).
- Christians have been martyred for 2000 years, for no reason
- History is filled with quadrillions of coincidences in science, art, literature, music, history, and personal experience.
- Death offers no hope of peace or reunion with loved ones.
- There is no moral code, because there is no just God; consequently, there is no forgiveness of sins.
- There is no power of the Holy Spirit to guide, comfort, convict, and empower us in our daily lives.
- The devil has defeated Jesus, and we should honor him.
- All religions are the same because all religious leaders are powerless, dead, and flawed.
- Feelings of inspiration, aspiration, discernment, compassion, loyalty, protection, survival, empathy, passion, and love are products of environment and conditioning only.
- There is no model for the resurrection and redemption of missed opportunities, ruined relationships, or devastated choice. There is no grace in life or death.
- Life has no meaning.
I don’t want to live that kind of life. Do you?
Jesus Christ is risen today, Alleluia!
Our triumphant holy day, Alleluia!
Who did once, upon the cross, Alleluia!
Suffer to redeem our loss, Alleluia!
Hymns of praise then let us sing, Alleluia!
Unto Christ, our heavenly King, Alleluia!
Who endured the cross and grave, Alleluia!
Sinners to redeem and save, Alleluia!
But the pain which He endured, Alleluia!
Our salvation hath procured, Alleluia!
Now above the sky He’s king, Alleluia!
Where the angels ever sing, Alleluia!
Sing we to our God above, Alleluia!
Praise eternal as His love, Alleluia!
Praise Him, all you heavenly host, Alleluia!
Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, Alleluia!
image by Michael James