Here are some time-proven one-liners for those children who have a retort for everything. And your child won’t require therapy some day because you said them. He might even be qualified to give therapy.
10. Life’s not fair.
9. Are you sure that’s the story you want to go with?
8. I brought you into this world; I can take you out. (stolen from Bill Cosby!)
7. I can’t wait until you have children.
6. Let’s push the rewind button and try saying that again.
5. Your siblings are preparing you for life in the real world.
4. Someday you’ll thank me.
3. I don’t care if you like me; I don’t always like you, either. But I’ll always love you.
2. Just so you know, I’m always praying that when you do wrong that you will get caught.
1. When you’ve stayed up all night praying for me—then I’ll take your advice.